Great Vegas Festival of Beer, Nevada’s largest beer festival, has announced the lineup of activities for its seventh annual event. For the first time, Great Vegas will span two days with the introduction of Mad Craft Experience on Friday, April 7 and the Great Vegas Grand Tasting on Saturday, April 8.
Mad Craft Experience, held from 7 – 10 p.m., will bring together local businesses including Big Dog’s Brewing Co., Lovelady Brewing Co., PT’s Brewing Co., Michael Mina’s Pub 1842, Other Mama, Tacos & Beer and others to offer one-of-a-kind food and beverage experiences, craft beer experimentations and more. Mad Craft will be judged like a science fair for beer, encouraging playful combinations that surprise and delight guests looking for something more than a typical beer festival. A panel of local industry judges will present awards in four beer categories and four culinary categories.
The Great Vegas Grand Tasting, held from 3 – 7 p.m. for general admission ticket holders or 2 – 7 p.m. for early entry & VIP ticket holders, will offer samplings from more than 110 breweries pouring onsite, as well as:
• PT’s Brewing Co Festival Pale Ale: Those looking for the rarest beer may enjoy the official brew of the 2017 Great Vegas Festival of Beer, Festival Pale Ale by PT’s Brewing Company. Described by brewmaster Dave Otto as “a hoppy pale ale brewed with El Dorado hops with mango, pink guava and pineapple puree,” the floral and hoppy brew debuts only at the Great Vegas Festival of Beer.
• Zappos.com Pretzel Brewtique: Why drink on an empty stomach? The Zappos Pretzel Brewtique will offer guests the opportunity to purchase or create pretzel necklaces & jewelry in all shapes, sizes and ingredients. Those in need of special attention can visit with a brew jeweler for their own consultation.
• VIP Brewer’s Lounge: Powerhouse culinary partners Searsucker, Tacos & Beer, B+B Burgers and Beer and Makers and Finders team up to create an unparalleled culinary experience. Reserve pours only available for VIPs will be on hand, as well as a mimosa bar curated by Barefoot.
• BrewLogic Seminars: From master brewers to novice drinkers, BrewLogic seminars introduce guests to a variety of exciting concepts in the world of brewing. ‘Students’ will learn from some of Las Vegas’ most influential master brewers, certified cicerones, industry professionals and beer-savvy people.
• Land Rover and Jaguar: Come check out the newest Land Rovers and Jaguars all on display throughout the festival grounds.
• Topgolf Cornhole Tournament | Masters Lounge: Compete against your friends in Topgolf’s official cornhole tournament or catch up on the action at the PGA Masters Golf Tournament in the Topgolf Lounge.
• Ellis Island Karaoke Stage: Named “Best Karaoke Bar in Las Vegas” by the Las Vegas Review-Journal in 2016, Ellis Island will bring its award-winning karaoke experience to Great Vegas. Complete with its own stage and sound system, the Ellis Island karaoke stage will be a favorite among guests ready to sing their hearts out.
• PKWY Tavern After Party and Shuttle Service: To ensure safety of guests, PKWY Tavern will offer a free shuttle service to and from the festival at two PKWY Tavern locations: 9820 W. Flamingo Rd. in Las Vegas and 445 Marks St. in Henderson, Nev. Each PKWY Tavern location will also host an official Great Vegas after party.
Tickets to Mad Craft, priced starting at $75, are available now at http://greatvegasbeer.com/fest/mad-craft-great-vegas/. Tickets to the Great Vegas Grand Tasting, priced at $40 for general admission and $55 for early entry, are available now at http://greatvegasbeer.com/tickets/.